Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog inPortal
Do you think you are one of the best duelists out there? Prove it to us by competing in the Shooting Storm Tournament to join the new dorm of Shooting Storm! Join HERE!

YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide

Go down 
+2
*SD*Naruto
Victim of Progress
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Victim of Progress

Victim of Progress

YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide Empty
PostSubject: YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Hello, I have noticed, that YGO pro remains rather obscure among this community, mostly because of misinformation. It's a really nice automatic duel system, and much better than Dueling Network in my opinion. So I decided to make a guide, explaining how to install and run it.

The basics

What programs do you need to run it:

Microsoft NET Framework 4 - http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=17718

The newest version of Flash Player - http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Winzip or Winrar

Downloading the game

Downloading:

1. Go to http://d-h.st/Bl4

2. Follow the instructions

Download

5. Alternatively, you can download the YGOPRO game itself from here:
(uses the same server as YGOPRO-dawn of the new era, but lacks chat)

http://percival18.blogspot.co.uk/

Installing

1. Unzip the file

2. Run Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dawn of a New Era Launcher

Playing the game

1. Click the play button..

2. You can register, if you do, you can log in to chat with other people

The game itself

Register - register in the system

Login - login, once you registered

Options - configure the game

YGOPRO hosts - opens the YGOPRO host list

Deck construction - build your deck

Show replays - look at the saved replays

Host - host a game

Join - join a game (make sure the status is: Hosting)

Refresh - refresh the server list

YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide Test10

Conclusion

That's it, really. Try it out for yourself. And feel free to ask me some questions, if you have any.

EDIT:

That YGOPRO for mac version is outdated.
Use Wine instead

http://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/

More editing: I'm always updating the YGOPRO and YGPRO - Dawn of the New Era links, you can keep your version up-to-date

12/09/2012 - Links are updated

Last edited by Victim of Progress on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:26 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)
Back to top Go down
*SD*Naruto

*SD*Naruto

PostSubject: Re: YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 3:27 pm

mmmmm i see 2 things ygo pro and ygo pro anime can u explain the deference
Back to top Go down
Victim of Progress

Victim of Progress

PostSubject: Re: YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Certainly

YGOPRO, is the original Chinese version. It's the raw game, with online matchmaking built in (and translated by Percy). No fancy launcher, just play the game.

YGOPRO, Dawn of the New Era, on the other hand, is a modified version by Kaiba Corp. It's basically the same engine, but it has a different launcher, and they slapped on a chat, and a questionable "Kaiba Corp Ladder", which is supposed to be like the duel ranking in DN. But it's broken right now.

As far as I know, both of the games run on the same engine, and use the same version. So you can play with someone on Dawn of the New era, while you're running vanilla YGOPRO and vice versa
Back to top Go down
*SD*Naruto

*SD*Naruto

PostSubject: Re: YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 3:35 pm

mmm i mean when i open either their is ygopro anime and ygo pro what is difference
Back to top Go down
Victim of Progress

Victim of Progress

PostSubject: Re: YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 3:39 pm

Oooooh.

YGOPRO anime - it's a special mode of YGOPRO. It runs cards from the anime.

YGOPRO - Is your normal, advanced format YGOPRO
Back to top Go down
duelking11

duelking11

PostSubject: Re: YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 3:39 pm

I cant use it cuz my antivurus says the launcher is a virus it worked in previous versions but in 1.8 i cant use it
Back to top Go down
Victim of Progress

Victim of Progress

PostSubject: Re: YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 3:50 pm

May I ask, what anti-vir you're using? Because I'm using avast, and it seems to be working fine. Also, did you get YGOPRO, or YGOPRO-Dawn of the new era?
Back to top Go down
duelking11

duelking11

PostSubject: Re: YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 4:30 pm

i got dawn of new era from kaibacorporation.org and my anti-vir is Avira AntiVir Control Center
Back to top Go down
Victim of Progress

Victim of Progress

PostSubject: Re: YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 5:27 pm

Don't worry, King it's a false positive(I.E a program that is not a virus, but the anti -vir still thinks it's one). But it seems, that the program is outdated. And so is the DL link. So I updated it in the description
Back to top Go down
EbilKid

EbilKid

PostSubject: Re: YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 5:45 pm

Umm what do you mean it gets some cards from the anime? Do you mean that it has the same card effects in the anime and not the games?
Back to top Go down
http://novamasters.forumegypt.net/
Victim of Progress

Victim of Progress

PostSubject: Re: YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 5:47 pm

No, anime mode has some anime exclusive cards. Like the Fang of Critias http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fang_of_Critias
TCG/OCG effects remain the same
Back to top Go down
Erebus
Chancellor
Chancellor
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:29 pm

Is there any bugs now? i used to play YGO dawn/percy's when it was still new..... But there were alot of bugs off and on, including a major 1 through MULTIPLE versions where the screen would black out all letters/words for periods of upto 30seconds..over and over!
Back to top Go down
Victim of Progress

Victim of Progress

PostSubject: Re: YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:25 am

Uh...no. I never saw a bug like that, I guess they fixed it
Back to top Go down
duelking11

duelking11

PostSubject: Re: YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:29 am

Well i am downloading it now hope your right Smile but i think that YGOpro is slower than DN
Back to top Go down
duelking11

duelking11

PostSubject: Re: YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 8:14 am

I Downloaded it for 2 hours it was 64 % and then an error occored.... and now zip is broken... well i like DN more cuz i can play faster but after it uptades a bit i will try to download ygo pro again then i will see what happens...
Back to top Go down
! ! Yuki ! !

! ! Yuki ! !

PostSubject: Re: YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 3:39 am

the microsoft net framework 4 also makes my pc to restart for no reason

i think its broken
Back to top Go down
EbilKid

EbilKid

PostSubject: Re: YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 7:13 am

! ! Yuki ! ! wrote:
the microsoft net framework 4 also makes my pc to restart for no reason

i think its broken

Umm I think if it is broken, that means that your YGO PRO is the lastest version. Not sure though. :/
Back to top Go down
! ! Yuki ! !

! ! Yuki ! !

PostSubject: Re: YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:16 am

i got csrss.exe on my window..thats the cause of the restart for no reason..:p

its a virus i think..i had to format my pc,,
Back to top Go down
EbilKid

EbilKid

PostSubject: Re: YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:00 pm

! ! Yuki ! ! wrote:

Oh, I see. Poor you. XD I hate formatting my computer. Razz
Back to top Go down
Victim of Progress

Victim of Progress

PostSubject: Re: YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 4:17 pm

! ! Yuki ! ! wrote:

You must have done something wrong...something very, VERY wrong. Both YGOPRO, and dawn, I scanned with my AV. They're fine, seeming how I am not crashing, nor data wiped. Are you sure, you didn't press a hoaxy download button? Because those sneaky bastards, throw around 7 of them in, with the legit download button.

EDIT: csrss.exe - that's an essential windows file. And it shouldn't be on the desktop...so that one is likely to be malware
Back to top Go down
flfasldf

PostSubject: confused   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:24 pm

I downloaded it and unzipped the file, but how do I open it up and play?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide   YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide Empty

Back to top Go down

YGOPRO/YGOPRO-Dawn of the New Era the comprehensive guide
Page 1 of 1