Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog inPortal
Do you think you are one of the best duelists out there? Prove it to us by competing in the Shooting Storm Tournament to join the new dorm of Shooting Storm! Join HERE!

Guide on the Gusto Archetype

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
C.C.

C.C.

Guide on the Gusto Archetype Empty
PostSubject: Guide on the Gusto Archetype   Guide on the Gusto Archetype EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 3:25 am

A Guide to Gustos

The Gusto Archetype
One of Yu-Gi-Oh's few Wind archetypes, it relies on destruction of the monsters in order to get new ones. Most require destruction by battle, while a few just need to be sent to the graveyard. And the other engine it runs is shuffling cards fron your graveyard back into the deck (Gusto Monstercards). This way, it always keeps the infinite flow of monsters going. In the following paragraphs I'll be explaining the Monsters, Spells and Traps of the Gusto Archetype one by one, and giving them a rating on how good they are.

Monsters:

Caam, Serenity of Gusto:

Spoiler:

The card is one of Gusto's best, since it replenishes the meatwall the deck has, and gives you a draw. Also being one of the Gusto's strongest Effect Monsters, it really is a credit to the Archetype.

All Gusto builds: 2-3

Gust Gulldo:

Spoiler:

Main Gusto Tuner. If used for Synchro, it misses timing on his effect, but is very good when Torrentialed or Dark Holed, attacked or those things. It's a real good adition to the meatwall as well, since it has many outs for using his effect. And being a level 3 Tuner also helps it a lot.

All Gusto builds: 1-3

Winda, Priestess of Gusto:

Spoiler:

Also one of the meatwall's chains. It allows you to easily Synchro for level 5 with Gulldo, or you use it for protection, and have it Summon Gulldo or Egul. Shame it has to be destroyed by battle, otherwise it'd be a real beauty, which by the looks it already is.

Gusto Egul:

Spoiler:

The card that can get Caam on the field if you need it. Being a level 1 Tuner it also opens options for Formula Synchron, and level 5 Synchro with Caam or other cards.

Kamui, Hope of Gusto:

Spoiler:

Nice effect, sloppy stats, but makes up by being level 2, allowing you to get Gulldo and Synchro for level 5 instantly. Only thing is, it's a bit slow, since it has to flip for its effect to activate.

All Gusto builds: 0-2
Gusto Psychic build: 1-3

Gusto Falco:

Spoiler:

Works like a charm with Kamui, but shouldn't be destroyed by battle. Best if used with Scrap Dragon's effect.

All Gusto builds: 0-1

Windaar, Sage of Gusto:

Spoiler:

A good card, spams your gustos back from the graveyard, but why, why in gods name does it have to be level 5, and have those stats? If it were level 4, it’s be no more broken the Jurrac Guaiba. And the 2000 ATK doesn’t really help, for needing 1 tribute.

Musto, Oracle of Gusto

Spoiler:

Gusto’s level 4 beatstick with 1800 ATK, a decent effect, but nothing too special. Only a negater, nothing more, and since it’s ignition, you don’t really want to use its effect to negate opponent’s monsters effects, but rather to return the card you have.

Gusto Control build: 2-3

Gusto Thunbolt:
Spoiler:

An ok effect, even though it costs a lot, and requires to be destroyed by battle and having a Gusto in your graveyard. But you can also banish himself, so that’s not much of a problem. Still would prefer Gulldo, Egul or Winda over Thunbolt.

Gusto Squirro:

Spoiler:

Nothing personal, but seriously, what the F? First, it has to be destroyed by card effect. Well, with this meta, that ain’t hard. But then it has to go to the graveyard. Well, knowing that Inzektor usually have a Dimensional Fissure, and not to mention the massive increase in Macro Decks, I can see that go wrong plenty of times. And after all that, you get to summon a level 5 or higher Gusto monster from your deck. I’m wondering why people would run level 5 or higher to begin with, so this card is not only situational, but also plain crap. Level 2 Tuner, Thunder-type, not gonna happen.

Gusto Codor:

Spoiler:

Ok, Lemme get this straight. A monster with 1000 ATK should destroy opponents monsters by battle, to get a WIND Psychic monster from your deck. Which most likely is not even a Tuner. Yeah, I’d buy that. Trashcan, please.

All Gusto builds: 0

Gusto Grif:

Spoiler:

If I read this card, I’m just crying. The entire Gusto archetype is build around returning from graveyard to deck, and spamming after being destroyed by either battle or card effect. But no, they gotta make cards that have NOTHING to do with the build. It’s like making a card for Inzektor that activates when an Inzektor is returned to the hand. I know it was meant to widen the window of possibilities for Gusto, but this is just bad. Period.

Gusto builds: 0
Fabled Gusto: 1-2

Reeze, Whirlwind of Gusto

Spoiler:

Creature Swap. A spell in level 5 monster form. I believe I need not say more.

Synchro Monsters:

Daigusto Eguls:

Spoiler:

One of the leading Gusto Synchro cards. It’s a good one, has considerable stats, and is made quite fast (Gulldo + Caam/Musto). Popping face-down cards (note: cards, not monsters or spell/traps. Any face-down card) at the cost of banishing a wind monster (again, a wind monster, not necessarily Gusto). A must in every Gusto Extra deck!

All Gusto builds: 1-2

Daigusto Gulldos:

Spoiler:

Nice card, shuffle 2 Gusto back into the deck, and trash a face-up monster. And easily made with Kamui + Gulldo. Also restores a part of, in case needed, the meatwall.

All Gusto builds: 2-3

Daigusto Sphreez:

Spoiler:

Indestructible by battle, and your opponent takes all battle damage. Good card, very good card. Just a shame it’s only OCG, which is also why I put it only third. But if it comes out in TCG, it’s going up to place 1.

All Gusto builds: 1-3 (OCG only atm)

Daigusto Falcos:

Spoiler:

It’s level 4, so you can make it a bit hard, considering most useful Gusto’s are level 2, 3 or 4. And then the effect. Well, not the best, but I’ve seen worse.

Xyz Monsters:

Daigusto Emeral:

Spoiler:

It’s a good card, and really does restore the meatwall, returning 3 monster to the deck. Just a shame it requires 2 level 4 monsters. Gusto barely runs level 4, and those it does run, are better of not being Xyz materials (Caam).

Gusto Gadgets: 2-3

Daigusto Phoenix:

Spoiler:

No. Just, no. You wouldn’t waste 2 level 2 monsters for something like this. If you would, you can stop reading now and get back to learning basic plays.

Spells:

Contact with Gusto:

Spoiler:

On first sight, an ok card. Requires 2 Gusto’s in grave, and then kills a card, regardless of what it is. Only Spell support they have, and it’s pretty ok.

All Gusto builds: 0-3

Traps:

Whirlwind of Gusto:

Spoiler:

Not really all that good, but the best of the traps. Restores meatwall, and lets you special summon a Gusto with 1000 or less defense, also including Windaar. But requires no monsters on the field, which is hard with the meatwall going on.

Blessings for Gusto:

Spoiler:

Well, like I said about Whirlwind, not very good. The fact why I put this below Whirlwind is because this one requires 3 targets in your graveyard, and with all the shuffling back, that doesn’t happen that often, so it’s inconsistent.

Gusto’s Dust:

Spoiler:

Well, the change your opponent has anything left is low, since there are plenty of Gusto Control decks that keep backrow in check, with Trap Stun, Heavy Storm, MST, Decree, Eguls and plenty of others (mainly staples). So this card is kind of useless, not to mention it’s a -1 for protecting your monsters 1 turn. Isn’t worth it.

Credits:
I have done this all by myself. All cards and pictures go to online sites, Konami and YuGiOhWikia. I’d like to devote this to coolgirlshark4, thanks to whom I was able to write this long text. If any questions, unclearity’s or suggestions arise, please pm me with your points.

Last edited by ! Gianus on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Alot of things..)
Back to top Go down
"The Chibi Monkey"

Guide on the Gusto Archetype 198-23

PostSubject: Re: Guide on the Gusto Archetype   Guide on the Gusto Archetype EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:38 am

.... Y ADMINS NO FIX THE "[Only admins are allowed to see this image]" PROBLEMA?

I liked your guide on Gustos. xD But I guess it depends on your style of playing with them. I use a Gusto Quasar deck and been testing around with them and my only dislikes is the first monster mentioned here cause I feel it slows down the deck since it has to be special summoned. I use the level 1 and 2 tuners and grif as a discard outlet for Quickdraw.

Btw, this is in the staff section, regular member's can't see it. >_>
Back to top Go down
! Gianus

! Gianus

PostSubject: Re: Guide on the Gusto Archetype   Guide on the Gusto Archetype EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 5:59 pm

Wow... I worked like 20 minutes on editing that post and then I disconnect...

anyway, I am too lazy to do it agian myself so I will just tell you what I do not likeaboutthis post P_p

1) Number each card from top to bottom in each section (monsters, synchro, xyz, spells, traps)
2) You are too unprofessional.. For example, please read the texts of Squiro, Codor, Grif and Reeze.. You should only state the facts, try to keep your personal feelings out of it.
Same thing with Daigusto Phoenix

3) If you mention "Fabled Gustos" as well as "Psychic Gustos", you should go deeper into detail about those two variants and why they are also played alot together with the main variant.

That's all I can think of now. The info you provide is good but as always, you arent going to deep into it while you most certainly should.
Try to mention Support Cards, Playstyles, etc.

I think
Quote :
I believe I need not say more.
Back to top Go down
Erebus
Chancellor
Chancellor
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Guide on the Gusto Archetype   Guide on the Gusto Archetype EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Gianus, I understand your point but you shouldn't edit and change her post like that with out her direct permission... She's the one who spent her time and decided how much time to put into it.... and if its her "guide to gustos", of course it's going to be either biased or opinionated...

Nice job C.C.
Back to top Go down
! Gianus

! Gianus

PostSubject: Re: Guide on the Gusto Archetype   Guide on the Gusto Archetype EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:08 pm

But it should not be opinionated!
A "guide" to building a deck should be based more on facts than on opinion. Yes he can rate cards but you should not cross the line between fact and opinion too much.
Second of all, I tried to edit it once and again my connection failed me. After that I've only centered everythinng and made it look more professional. I have only cut out the first part of her guide because that was meant to be for the staff.

Saying that the staff should rate your work and give feedback is unnecessary since this section is made to give feedback and our opinions on how you could improve your lesson/article.

I haven't changed anything else other than some codes to make it look more professional.

Last edited by ! Gianus on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
"The Chibi Monkey"

Guide on the Gusto Archetype 198-23

PostSubject: Re: Guide on the Gusto Archetype   Guide on the Gusto Archetype EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:24 pm

>_> C.C. = Male. Just going to clear up that confusion..

And now... Are we gonna fix the "only admins can see this link"? It's also on signatures of other member's here and I have no clue why it does this... ._.;
Back to top Go down
! Gianus

! Gianus

PostSubject: Re: Guide on the Gusto Archetype   Guide on the Gusto Archetype EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:43 pm

he then -.-
Ill see what I can do to fix that problem, please try to stay on topic.
Back to top Go down
Erebus
Chancellor
Chancellor
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Guide on the Gusto Archetype   Guide on the Gusto Archetype EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:20 pm

It is allowed to be opinionated if HE WANTS IT TO BE..... Its his guide.
Back to top Go down
Kairyu Murou
Vice-Chancellor
Vice-Chancellor

PostSubject: Re: Guide on the Gusto Archetype   Guide on the Gusto Archetype EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 11:26 pm

It seems like a really cool deck guide nice C.C Smile I like the Gusto archetype a lot. It looks interesting and the artwork is nice.
Back to top Go down
Erebus
Chancellor
Chancellor
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Guide on the Gusto Archetype   Guide on the Gusto Archetype EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 9:29 pm

I'd like some tips if you have any ingame as I just made my own gusto build..but I've only ever used gusto grif and windaar before...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide on the Gusto Archetype   Guide on the Gusto Archetype Empty

Back to top Go down

Guide on the Gusto Archetype
Page 1 of 1