Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog inPortal
Do you think you are one of the best duelists out there? Prove it to us by competing in the Shooting Storm Tournament to join the new dorm of Shooting Storm! Join HERE!

Testing Standards

Go down 
+5
WonderBoy
Ganador9000
adorablecard
Aerialace
Dominique LeBeau
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dominique LeBeau
Chancellor
Chancellor
Dominique LeBeau

Testing Standards Empty
PostSubject: Testing Standards   Testing Standards EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:36 am

Testing Rubric
--------------------
Tester:
Testee:
Tester's Deck:
Testee's Deck:
--------------------
Rules

Banned Decks:
Win condition decks (FINAL, Final Countdown, Exodia, etc), Burn, Empty Jar, Deck-out, Troll, TIER 1 DECKS

The testee must submit the full decklist (written) of his or her deck to the tester privately before the duels.

The test will consist of three duels between the tester and the testee, and a ruling test afterward. Siding is allowed. (Side decks must consist of either 0 or 15 cards.) The tester will then grade the testee on several factors, resulting in a final grade by which the tester will determine into what dorm the testee shall be placed.

Point requirements and grading
----------------------
Speed Of Deck-10/10
-How fast is your deck? Is it efficient?
----------------
Procedures-10/10
-How well do you handle your cards? Do you know what they all do, and how they work together?
----------------
Deck Build-15/15
-How well thought out is your deck?
----------------
Card Knowledge-10/10
-How well do you understand the rulings on the cards and the cards themselves?
----------------
Flexibility-10/10
-How well do you adapt to changes or the unexpected, especially obstacles set in place by the tester?
----------------
Side Deck-10/10
How well do you side? Are you prepared for most decks?
----------------
Attitude-10/10
-How well do you treat the tester and others during the duel? Are you positive? Do you profane a lot or put others down?
----------------
Duel Results-15/15
-You earn 5 points for each duel won.
----------------
Ruling Test Results-10/10
Percentage of the ruling questions you got correct ratio'd to out of 15.

There are 100 points total.
If you do not meet the needed number of points for your dorm you will go into the dorm for which you have enough points/exceed the points for. YOU CANNOT GO INTO A HIGHER DORM THAN THE ONE YOU HAVE CHOSEN UNTIL A RETEST IS TAKEN. This is to prevent people from just taking the easiest test (Debris) and then getting into Shooting Star.

Quasar Dorm Point Requirements- 98-100
Shooting Star Dorm Point Requirements- 86-97
Stardust Dragon Dorm Point Requirements-60-85
Debris Dragon Point Requirement-59 or lower
-------
Good Luck In your test, and remember to use your best decks.
Have FUN!!!

Last edited by ! Daniel on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:43 pm; edited 21 times in total (Reason for editing : Outdated and trivial)
Back to top Go down
Aerialace

Aerialace

Testing Standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing Standards   Testing Standards EmptySun May 13, 2012 8:25 pm

it kinda looks like whoever made the decks splashed random cards that have something to do with the archetype. for example gusto,demise,Evilswarm,Six Sams, and wind-up
Back to top Go down
adorablecard

adorablecard

Testing Standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing Standards   Testing Standards EmptySun May 13, 2012 10:54 pm

I think the decks should be like this

BLUE:
Dark Worlds
Mystic Piper
Evols

YELLOW:
Monarchs
Noble Knight Rabbit NO DINOS
Gladiator Beasts

RED:
Steelswarm
Diva XYZ
Ancient Gears

Back to top Go down
Aerialace

Aerialace

Testing Standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing Standards   Testing Standards EmptyMon May 14, 2012 2:21 am

theres only 70 points total itachi
Back to top Go down
Dominique LeBeau
Chancellor
Chancellor
Dominique LeBeau

Testing Standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing Standards   Testing Standards EmptyMon May 14, 2012 4:44 pm

There has been a change in test decks. All decks must be viewed and changed. The changes have mainly occured for obelisk dorm.
Back to top Go down
Ganador9000

Testing Standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing Standards   Testing Standards EmptyMon May 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Why test with the intent of going into a specific dorm? I could say Slifer tryouts, go in with a strong meta deck or even decent XX-Saber, own it up and get into Obelisk. Just saying. I'd just pick the strongest from each of those 3 categories and use those as THE 3 test decks. But then again win/lose where majority of points are will be skewed. So make a good standardized test deck that is secret and testers play as aggressively as needed to keep it fair but not a slaughter by one side or the other.
Back to top Go down
WonderBoy

WonderBoy

Testing Standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing Standards   Testing Standards EmptyTue May 15, 2012 4:55 am

agree with Ganador9000
Back to top Go down
adorablecard

adorablecard

Testing Standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing Standards   Testing Standards EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:21 am

do u think the decjs i picked r 2 op?
Back to top Go down

Testing Standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing Standards   Testing Standards EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:40 pm

Ganador9000 wrote:
Why test with the intent of going into a specific dorm? I could say Slifer tryouts, go in with a strong meta deck or even decent XX-Saber, own it up and get into Obelisk. Just saying. I'd just pick the strongest from each of those 3 categories and use those as THE 3 test decks. But then again win/lose where majority of points are will be skewed. So make a good standardized test deck that is secret and testers play as aggressively as needed to keep it fair but not a slaughter by one side or the other.

How can u disagree with this? this is perfect. Also there should be tests of knowledge as well as practical duels. Razz
Back to top Go down
WonderBoy

WonderBoy

Testing Standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing Standards   Testing Standards EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:48 pm

Not Overpower Decks but quite good
Back to top Go down

Testing Standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing Standards   Testing Standards EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:52 pm

We NEED: Hard to beat decks, with no OP decks allowed. It is the testies' choice if they want to purposefully lose and be in slifer or ra. It is much fairer that way.
Back to top Go down
Light,Yagami

Light,Yagami

Testing Standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing Standards   Testing Standards EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:32 am

so r we allowed to change the decks a bit??
Back to top Go down
Iron Mario

Iron Mario

Testing Standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing Standards   Testing Standards EmptyThu May 17, 2012 6:34 pm

I think we should be, like if we see a card that is not useful or good in the deck and we know another one that is.
Back to top Go down
Ganador9000

Testing Standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing Standards   Testing Standards EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:30 pm

I'm not even using these decks. They are either bad, I don't know how to use them, out of date, I don't recognize the cards by pics, and/or this whole new testing system is broke as hell.
Ganador9000 wrote:
I'll just play my RaySworn deck to test, I might surrender the deck list for the test deck (it's super consistent, rarely loses, and can be scaled back in terms of aggression).

Vaie wrote:
We NEED: Hard to beat decks, with no OP decks allowed. It is the testies' choice if they want to purposefully lose and be in slifer or ra. It is much fairer that way.

Who in their right mind would choose a low dorm? The only reason that would work is if the point system here was firmly in place but it's not. Challenge duels are kinda rare, there are no outlets for points, and you can rack them up by posting. Since there is no incentive to go for red and Obelisk is best, people being inherently narcissistic, will go for Obelisk and not purposely lose. So a massacre deck is needed, but not OP. If the prospective entrant isn't that great than the tester can scale back the aggression to not slaughter him and make him feel better or like a he had a fair game.
Back to top Go down

Testing Standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing Standards   Testing Standards EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Ganador9000 wrote:
I'm not even using these decks. They are either bad, I don't know how to use them, out of date, I don't recognize the cards by pics, and/or this whole new testing system is broke as hell.
Ganador9000 wrote:
I'll just play my RaySworn deck to test, I might surrender the deck list for the test deck (it's super consistent, rarely loses, and can be scaled back in terms of aggression).

Vaie wrote:

Who in their right mind would choose a low dorm? The only reason that would work is if the point system here was firmly in place but it's not. Challenge duels are kinda rare, there are no outlets for points, and you can rack them up by posting. Since there is no incentive to go for red and Obelisk is best, people being inherently narcissistic, will go for Obelisk and not purposely lose. So a massacre deck is needed, but not OP. If the prospective entrant isn't that great than the tester can scale back the aggression to not slaughter him and make him feel better or like a he had a fair game.

1. How can you say NO?!

2. This guy. . . he is PERFECT for admin. VOTES FOR GANADOR!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Light,Yagami

Light,Yagami

Testing Standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing Standards   Testing Standards EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:32 am

need people from EUR as admins apart from me and wonderboy I think that most of the other admins and mods are US
Back to top Go down

Testing Standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing Standards   Testing Standards EmptyFri May 18, 2012 5:39 pm

im from eur (germany)
Back to top Go down
Dominique LeBeau
Chancellor
Chancellor
Dominique LeBeau

Testing Standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing Standards   Testing Standards EmptySat May 19, 2012 5:00 pm

ok. so there has ben a change in plans again. how about. instead of going to a specific dorm and getting a different dorm. you just get the dorm u picked if u have enough points. this will eliminate any possibility of cheating like ganador has pointed out. also no more test decks the tester will just record the decks they both used and then record which dorm was chosen to make the results valid for the testee.
lol-testee/testie
Back to top Go down
Evilpath

Testing Standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing Standards   Testing Standards EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:11 pm

Question: HOW do I take a TEST!?
Back to top Go down
*SD*Naruto

*SD*Naruto

Testing Standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing Standards   Testing Standards EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 3:15 pm

Look EvilPath a tester will test you I was one but I just got demoted cause I didnt test anyone and the only chance to test some one was when dn wasnt working for me so The only chance is gone cause of stupid dn Sad But ask EbilKid and Strife and orange people those are testers. ^^ Very Happy Hope you do your best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Testing Standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing Standards   Testing Standards Empty

Back to top Go down

Testing Standards
Page 1 of 1