Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog inPortal
Do you think you are one of the best duelists out there? Prove it to us by competing in the Shooting Storm Tournament to join the new dorm of Shooting Storm! Join HERE!

Testing related to DN

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dominique LeBeau
Chancellor
Chancellor
Dominique LeBeau

Testing related to DN Empty
PostSubject: Testing related to DN   Testing related to DN EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:08 pm

So i was thinking about our test system. How do u all feel about dorms being based not only on the testing but also on your ranks and /or wins to losses? i think this could more accurately place the student in their correct dorm. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
adorablecard

adorablecard

PostSubject: Re: Testing related to DN   Testing related to DN EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:24 pm

do it on EXP and wins since EXp shows how much experience u have playing the game and wins show ur skill dont do it on rating since they coulD USE BURN
Back to top Go down
Squalleonhart

Squalleonhart

PostSubject: Re: Testing related to DN   Testing related to DN EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:57 pm

Not the greatest idea. Going by your experience points on DN just bases things on the amount of rated duels that you do and does not necessarily reflect skill level. It can also mean that people are using OTK's/FTK's to get their exp.
If you were to change the testing system to be more versatile instead of relying on a one deck judgment, you would get a better feel for the recruits actual skill level. No system is perfect but the more you get to see, the better.
Getting to my suggestion, if we were to test having our recruits using more than 1 deck, the placement results would be more accurate than if you dueled twice seeing only a single deck. you can still rate them on each duel, but instead of rematching for the second duel, have them change out their deck all together along with the testers. This way you get to rate them based off of their skills a lot easier. Have the tester do the usual rating but do it for each duel.

Back to top Go down
Light,Yagami

Light,Yagami

PostSubject: Re: Testing related to DN   Testing related to DN EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:15 am

squalls right, loads of people hav 1000+ xp and their all chain burn spammers :/ win loss ratio is better in my opinion
Back to top Go down
adorablecard

adorablecard

PostSubject: Re: Testing related to DN   Testing related to DN EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:53 am

just llok at Xp since if u have high rating & low EXp it probaly means u play burn or a troll deck. high EXP & high rating probaly means u are more skilled
Back to top Go down
Dominique LeBeau
Chancellor
Chancellor
Dominique LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: Testing related to DN   Testing related to DN EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:51 am

If we use this we can further tell their skill level though since they would have been on DN for a while unless they r new. THis could tell us there wins-losses, rate-exp so we kno their basic stats as a duelist
Back to top Go down
Erebus
Chancellor
Chancellor
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Testing related to DN   Testing related to DN EmptyMon May 21, 2012 11:44 am

DO NOT DO IT IN EXP. While this shows who is a better/good duelist it does NOT show who's NOT a good duelist. And Rating is monthly so that doesn't matter that just shows activity... Wins/Losses I like but may be very unfair to some who test decks in rated and just don't care about there w/l/r...
Back to top Go down
Erebus
Chancellor
Chancellor
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Testing related to DN   Testing related to DN EmptyMon May 21, 2012 11:46 am

ALTHOUGH if we do win/loss because it IS better and its not necessarily unjust or unfair... I'd like it with my 3.5 win/loss/rate Smile
Back to top Go down
Light,Yagami

Light,Yagami

PostSubject: Re: Testing related to DN   Testing related to DN EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:00 pm

adorablecard wrote:
just llok at Xp since if u have high rating & low EXp it probaly means u play burn or a troll deck. high EXP & high rating probaly means u are more skilled

mate i hav low xp and high rating, you saying I use burn? and erebus I like my 3:1 win ratio to Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testing related to DN   Testing related to DN Empty

Back to top Go down

Testing related to DN
Page 1 of 1