Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog inPortal
Do you think you are one of the best duelists out there? Prove it to us by competing in the Shooting Storm Tournament to join the new dorm of Shooting Storm! Join HERE!

Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.

Go down 
+6
"The Chibi Monkey"
llllllllllllll
Light,Yagami
thenextdoor
*SD*Naruto
EbilKid
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EbilKid

EbilKid

Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. Empty
PostSubject: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:37 am

Hello all,

So as well all know, the quasar tournament is over, and *SD*Pain won it. Ok, but we did not duel. I mean, I have school so I was kicked out for not being active? I am always active on here and for airo, he got kicked out be default and did not duel one duel. And then, Yuki, she comes and then still she gets kicked off. Just because you want to end the tournament in 'two days', how come?! This is an important tournament! And everyone wants to duel in it and fight, and now it is over?! SOMEONE EXPLAIN?!
Back to top Go down
http://novamasters.forumegypt.net/
*SD*Naruto

*SD*Naruto

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:39 am

I agree with you kid I want this tournament to be REHOSTED!!!!!
Back to top Go down
thenextdoor

thenextdoor

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 9:55 am

- The tournament is a FAIL.
- Like i stated before on Sunday, Tournaments this big aren't ran in two days only.
- With my previous experience as an Admin, a tournament this big should last one week the most unless stated that tournament was for specific timezones then that would be another case but this is one is international.
Back to top Go down
Light,Yagami

Light,Yagami

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 10:31 am

guys stfu :S it was on saturday so it was pretty easy 2 access day, and it was told b4.
So every1 was online they played their games and pain won. and ebil as well no offense intended but you wouldnt have won :S TND has a few valid points tho, but every1 was onilne so they deicided to play problem? :S
Back to top Go down
*SD*Naruto

*SD*Naruto

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:50 pm

And Yagami why do you say that ok if i even wont win i want to have a place in it and it is unfair i cant take a loss me and my opponent have other time zone Neutral They should like change me with some one else not to give me a loss and i agree with you TND
Back to top Go down
llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 2:10 pm

correction: no 1 won it, it was rules as a tcg tourney with ocg rulings passed over. AKA: Black luster soldier was a banned card every one used hence it will be redone with rules specified.
Back to top Go down
"The Chibi Monkey"

Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. 198-23

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:29 pm

Saturday and Sunday I was on here all the time even though I could have been doing other things around 16 hours each. We were all warned about the day of the tournament, but not only that, we had a chance to clear our schedules to make time for it. Of course we all would know this was international. However, I do feel we need more time, but this isn't hosted by me, this is hosted by the head admin so we can't really complain. Just go with it. It wasn't too hard to clear the schedule for the tournament.

I feel Light is more right here than any of you, but as he said, TND has a point.

And I feel Pain sacked quite a bit, (those who watched would know -.-) but hey, he won fair and square so congratulations to Pain. A very UNSUSPECTED nominee for Quasar Dorm (No offense Pain XD).
Back to top Go down
EbilKid

EbilKid

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:54 pm

Also that is not correct. You cannot finish a tournament on Saturday or Sunday. And onto another thing, 90% people were just gotten a game loss if they did not come after 2 hours when Daniel comes. You cannot finish a tournament in just two days! The tournament should be re-hosted. For why you did not make it fair to people, Daniel.
Back to top Go down
"The Chibi Monkey"

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:58 pm

I finished my duels rather quickly. None lasted longer than 30 minutes for me at all or for my brother, his was well under 15 minutes each.

People were given game loss either when

A) They were gone for over 7 days (Yuki was 2, but given more time -- a lot more)

B) They were on, but didn't duel at all, or pretended to be gone.

This tournament only had like 12 people?
Back to top Go down
*SD*Naruto

*SD*Naruto

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 4:04 pm

Ok as you see Why I Did I get a game loss?!! Me and TDN couldnt be online at the same time.
Back to top Go down
EbilKid

EbilKid

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 4:05 pm

Grimmy. It differs. I mean, you people have Saturday and Sunday as holiday. We do not. Only Friday and Saturday, we study in it. And that is also to the difference in time zone. And besides, I was always on. And I asked Daniel, "Will I get kicked off the tournament because of school? I shall come like an hour everyday." And answers, "No." And suddenly to see, everyone gets kicked off. He thought of certain people who were on and others, he did not care for them. No offense, Daniel. But the tournament must be re-hosted and you must be patient and not do it in 2 days. Effect Veiler said that it does not matter the time. And she said it shall be at all weekends. Till the tournament is over. But now, you come and make it only in 2 days? Fair for a few. And others, were deleted. I do not understand why were you in a rush. This should be re-hosted.
Back to top Go down
*SD*Naruto

*SD*Naruto

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 4:12 pm

Yes I agree with you EbilKid This tournament MUST BE REHOSTED!!!! Cause It is unfair for some people like me and EbilKid what is our proplem , Why do we get Disqualified because of school or because we have different weekends or time zones it is not our proplem at least dont disqualify us just change Who Is Vs who And Increase the period and dont disqualify people after 2 hours or less becuase people have their own proplems to worry about too we wont leave all of our proplems to play a tourney but in the same time we think that we should join it and play it when we got free time or if it like this this site and tournament will just go a failure you must give people some time to do there job.
Back to top Go down
"The Chibi Monkey"

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 4:38 pm

If that's true Ebil, then how come I see you guys at completely different times? I would assume you guys get off at 4-5pm then. However, I see Airo clearly up roughly 8-9 hours later than you at times?

And Airo, Rule B applies to you.
Back to top Go down
EbilKid

EbilKid

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 5:14 pm

"The Chibi Monkey" wrote:
If that's true Ebil, then how come I see you guys at completely different times? I would assume you guys get off at 4-5pm then. However, I see Airo clearly up roughly 8-9 hours later than you at times?

And Airo, Rule B applies to you.

Airo comes on here on different times because his day goes in a different way than mine. Like he does not sleep when he comes back from school and I don't know how he does the homework. Differs from me. That's why.
Back to top Go down
"The Chibi Monkey"

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 5:56 pm

Are you telling me, if I ask one of my facebook friends who I work with at a forum (She's a teacher, and pretty attractive looking u_u) she'll tell me that kids in Egypt have such different school schedule? I would assume your schools in Egypt follow a precise schedule or a VERY similar one the government over gives you. Because schools don't differ very much in the same country, I know this because of schools in Vietnam, America, Mexico, and France because for these reasons: I live in America, I am part Vietnamese, I have taken classes to speak Spanish and France as well and learned about how schools are different from here and there.

Even if it is by timezones one of you will be off by 1-4 hours max I would give you. And even if that were true, it still is a very late time he appears at. Or maybe even perhaps you.
Back to top Go down
Aerialace

Aerialace

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 7:23 pm

meh i wasnt here but u dont see me complaing (i was busy -_-)
Back to top Go down
thenextdoor

thenextdoor

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:04 pm

Oh goodness, IT FAILED, period.
Look, want my critic about this?
- First of all, a tournament should have a set list and set dateline when announced, not determine the number of duelist to then determine when the due dates are given.
How is this mostly done successfully?

1. Think how many duelist can enter the tournament
2. Set a timeline to when the tournament starts and ends (before sign-up list)
3. Announce tournament after step 1 and 2 are completed.

Step 2 helps out so that people can start planning ahead of time, this should be recommenced to be announced 4-5 days before the sign-ups. Then when sign-ups start, make sure people have 1 week to sign-up. When sign-up due date is passed (if any decklist has to be given) give out 3-4 for duelists to give out decklists or prepare for the tourney and on the 4-5 after sign-up due date is passed, then the tournament is clear to start.

- Timezone is another issue and is the main issue why academies fail at tournaments ALL the time. If is international, must give out extended amount of time for duels to be completed. If local (like Asian time or American time) then the range of 2-4 is a considerable amount of time not to mention it can be completed in one day.

- Personal Life, like in my case, i had important business to attend with personal stuff on Saturday and i had that planned for a while. I signed-up not knowing the due date of the tournament. The timeline for the tourney itself was given 4 days before it started which by that time I had no way back to re-arrange my schedule. Please don't try justify this critic because deep inside you know I'm right about personal life interception and besides, is not my fault some members have (no-life) or have a lot of spare time.

Chibi, good for you that you could have completed your duels since your opponents did have time. Unlike me, Saturday killed it for me.
Back to top Go down
*SD*Naruto

*SD*Naruto

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 8:27 am

I agree with you TDN And monkey Why does role b are on me I dont log off the chat when I leave so you guys think I am still on but in real I AM NOT!!!
Back to top Go down
Light,Yagami

Light,Yagami

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 10:48 am

-.- then log off when you leave, its clear for everyone then and TND they did say deck restrictions and time and it was announced :S
Also imo ebil airo, no offense but you werent gonna win. so why? :S
Back to top Go down
*SD*Naruto

*SD*Naruto

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:01 am

Light yagami even if I wont win I want to participate too Who know you cant say I am not win cause many people didnt expect pain to win but he won you dont know who will win.
Back to top Go down
*SD*Pain

*SD*Pain

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:03 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Light,Yagami

Light,Yagami

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:57 pm

.____________________________________________________.

your saying you woulda won? lmfao pain has valid reasons :S he ran sacksworns and with the deck restrictions its pretty hard NOT to win with that
Back to top Go down
*SD*Naruto

*SD*Naruto

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Yagami everything is possible .
Back to top Go down
Light,Yagami

Light,Yagami

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:58 pm

go fly to venus, then come back, flying with no plane or shuttle, but just you by yourself, stay there for 5 days, with no food and water packed with you, THEN when you get back stay under water in the pacific for 67 hours, THEN tell me that.
Back to top Go down
"The Chibi Monkey"

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Quote :
- Timezone is another issue and is the main issue why academies fail at tournaments ALL the time. If is international, must give out extended amount of time for duels to be completed. If local (like Asian time or American time) then the range of 2-4 is a considerable amount of time not to mention it can be completed in one day.

It is between New Zealand and Samoa and it is a 24 hour difference during the Spring/Summer of new Zealand. Fiji is 1 hour behind the time in New Zealand (during the later half of the year). New Zealand is the first country to see the sun come up on New Years. (Along with Antarctica which shares the same time as New Zealand) 24 hour difference is the longest between the earliest and latest country. Now let's do some math here, honestly tell me how many of you actually sleep for more than 8 hours...? The average American barely gets 6 hours, I know this is American, but this can say quite a bit for a few different countries. That's a total of 18 hours. Now let's do some more math. Let's put in account of eating, showering, and possibly errands. This may average around 2-3 hours. Now you have 15-16 hours. I had plans like hanging out with friends and going to the movies through Saturday-Sunday, building A NEW FENCE, not only that, but I had some homework to do as well (essay in history, and math homework). All easily fixed and solved. The only thing I did was the Fence, so I missed out on hanging with friends for 2 days. Big whoop, I can hang out with them any other day. Homework was EASILY done when I was waiting for opponents to show up. I stayed on here and on DN the whole time for those days. Also, let me aware you that to be in Quasar dorm it is said you have to be the best of 5 in the academy, but also ACTIVE. If you actually have something you have to do that SOMEHOW takes up a whole day, you should address it to Daniel like I did. Also I would like to address that the time zone of the biggest gap from members here would be USA and Egpyt (Most confident most players in tournament are in North America) which would be 7 hours. Just 7 hours. The only member I am not sure about is Barcode.

Quote :
- Personal Life, like in my case, i had important business to attend with personal stuff on Saturday and i had that planned for a while. I signed-up not knowing the due date of the tournament. The timeline for the tourney itself was given 4 days before it started which by that time I had no way back to re-arrange my schedule. Please don't try justify this critic because deep inside you know I'm right about personal life interception and besides, is not my fault some members have (no-life) or have a lot of spare time.

What did you have to do that only let you appear for only 1 hour at the most? I'm pretty sure you weren't even here for more than 3 hours on Saturday and Sunday. Stated above, I did all my personal life schedule pretty easily.

Quote :
Chibi, good for you that you could have completed your duels since your opponents did have time. Unlike me, Saturday killed it for me.

Some weren't active. This is what I think is the problem, people aren't active enough, it's not about people who don't have enough time.

@Ebil: If you're leaving you know when you are leaving and would leave a BRB (as usual) or just simply turn off the computer (Which would log you off of DN, but not off the SSA chatbox ((and who leaves their computer on when they go to sleep))?). However, TND tried to get ahold of you here, which you weren't here. Then he tried DN since you got DC'd from SSA, but you didn't respond. This is how rule B applies to you. I know what I am saying.

Also if everything is possible please invent a way where we don't need to survive on money and an actually good Government without corrupt officials. Bring peace to the world, stop poverty, stop crime, stop sins, and make it so this place we live on is free from all the negatives. If you do this, I will hail you as God. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.   Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR. Empty

Back to top Go down

Quasar Tournament is NO FAIR.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next