Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog inPortal
Do you think you are one of the best duelists out there? Prove it to us by competing in the Shooting Storm Tournament to join the new dorm of Shooting Storm! Join HERE!

How Grimmy rates a player during testing.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
"The Chibi Monkey"

How Grimmy rates a player during testing. 198-23

How Grimmy rates a player during testing. Empty
PostSubject: How Grimmy rates a player during testing.   How Grimmy rates a player during testing. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 10:34 am

Since I have had new members be curious on how the testing goes, I decided to make this thread (oh, before I go on, not just new members, but old members also wonder how I grade as well) to explain how I grade a testee during our Singles, 3 duels.

Since the scores are usually out of 10, I will evaluate each deck by a 3.33. I get this by dividing the 10 by a 3 if you haven't noticed. If I take away 6 points initially, I will add another point taken off since it would be something like 6.66 and that rounded would be 7. This will be an exception in other areas though. This only applies for Speed portion and Deck Build portion.

"Deck" -
Spoiler:

"Speed of deck" -
Spoiler:

"Deck Build" -
Spoiler:

"Card Knowledge" -
Spoiler:

"Flexibility" -
Spoiler:

"Deck Result" -
Spoiler:

I will ask for this to be stickied here, but for now, if you have any questions on how I grade then just ask ^^ Btw, there are banned decks, which I will remind the testee on.
Back to top Go down
! Gianus

! Gianus

PostSubject: Re: How Grimmy rates a player during testing.   How Grimmy rates a player during testing. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 11:51 am

Test Exam > Sticky:Testing Standards (it is at the top of the page)

Here you can find how you should test according to the original method that has been used so far, however this is not the best way to test someone joining the academy and I also vary from this method most of the time when testing someone.

As a part of my primary job as an admin, I will update the rules for testing and getting tested. Until then, try not to deviate from the original method too much.
Back to top Go down
"The Chibi Monkey"

How Grimmy rates a player during testing. 198-23

PostSubject: Re: How Grimmy rates a player during testing.   How Grimmy rates a player during testing. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:42 pm

*Facepalm* The one section I don't look in, the rules for "Deck" is there. LOL

Well for Speed and Deck Build why is it such a bad thing that I divide each deck by 3 to come up with a grand total of 10? .-. I also have a 3 2 1 system for Card Knowledge based on difficulty of rulings. Apparently they just tell you the max scores of each one and what each one is about, there's no part of it that tells you what to take away for the kinds of situations you will face.
Back to top Go down
! Gianus

! Gianus

PostSubject: Re: How Grimmy rates a player during testing.   How Grimmy rates a player during testing. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:52 am

Well you should fill that in yourself, that is also why I want everyone to explain why they have given a certain amount of points.

We are humans. We do not work by a specific set of rules that you have to obey. On top of that, there are more cenario's that you can face in a test duel than you canpossibly imagine! You, as a Tester, need some flexibility to judge the person you are testing in your own way.

But I will see what I can do to make certain things more clear when I get to the testing section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Grimmy rates a player during testing.   How Grimmy rates a player during testing. Empty

Back to top Go down

How Grimmy rates a player during testing.
Page 1 of 1