Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog inPortal
Do you think you are one of the best duelists out there? Prove it to us by competing in the Shooting Storm Tournament to join the new dorm of Shooting Storm! Join HERE!

weekly tournaments

Go down 
+4
Ganador9000
Light,Yagami
Squalleonhart
Dominique LeBeau
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dominique LeBeau
Chancellor
Chancellor
Dominique LeBeau

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:18 pm

It has been suggested that we have weekly tournaments or and seasonal tournaments
any thoughts comments or suggestions on this?
Back to top Go down
Squalleonhart

Squalleonhart

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:33 pm

I'm all for tournaments.
As for a weekly tournament, I'm thinking something themed based that changes from week to week. Like having an archetype based them one week, then going for a starter deck tourney the next etc.
Back to top Go down
Light,Yagami

Light,Yagami

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments EmptyMon May 07, 2012 3:40 am

Idea: Lets have to first one on lightsworns!
Back to top Go down
Ganador9000

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:22 pm

Do it you gotta keep people active somehow, promise cool rewards or DP.
Back to top Go down
Squalleonhart

Squalleonhart

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:54 pm

I second the lightsworn motion. lets say.. minimum of half of the monsters must be sworns?
Back to top Go down
Light,Yagami

Light,Yagami

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:33 pm

lets say it must be a lightsworn deck xD
Back to top Go down
yugiohkid333

yugiohkid333

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:09 pm

i like tourneys but not really lightsworns :/
Back to top Go down
Dominique LeBeau
Chancellor
Chancellor
Dominique LeBeau

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Every one suggest your votes and it will be considered in the first tournament.
Back to top Go down
Squalleonhart

Squalleonhart

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:46 am

Well.. It's hard to judge a LS deck. These days throwing in a couple of ryko's and lyla's counts as a sworn build.
Back to top Go down
Light,Yagami

Light,Yagami

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments EmptyTue May 08, 2012 10:49 am

u need solar recharge and charge, or u could just say if it has JDs then it is lightsworn
Back to top Go down
Squalleonhart

Squalleonhart

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:14 pm

Fine by me. In that case, I'm in xD
Back to top Go down
adorablecard

adorablecard

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:36 am

it shoudnt be u have to use the archtype chosen or else it's jsut luxk based and no siding pretty much
Back to top Go down
Light,Yagami

Light,Yagami

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments EmptySun May 13, 2012 10:13 am

no siding? every competition your allowed to side, sideing is very important and its themed tourny so u should hav to use it, and on a side note any1 learned vanguard yet???
Back to top Go down

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments EmptySun May 13, 2012 10:48 am

I think we should do weekly theme based tourenys, but this tourneys need a from academy wroten "decklist" of 20-30 cards. The rest is than the choose of every player, so every player has these "decklist" + his own cards. This would make it more funny, also cause u could build cards in that "decklist" that are bad for archtype, for example : shadow imprisoning mirror in dark world, etc.

And I think there should be all 2 weeks a normal tourney, in that every player is allowed to use his own deck. In this tourney it would be good to make a forbid at decks like inzektors, wind-ups, etc.
Back to top Go down
Squalleonhart

Squalleonhart

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:13 pm

Weekly themed tournaments have already been suggested by yours truly lag. But to have people limited to only 10 of their own cards isn't acceptable. No real skill is involved if we give them 3/4 of the decklist for them. Tournaments are supposed to be test's and proofs of skill, not sheer luck.
By at least choosing the archetype for people, we limit the top end decks that we'll see, but leaves a lot of room for each persons own creativity. Sworns can be used in a slue of ways. If people actually try to make their own builds (instead of copying lists online) we should see a diverse tournament.
Back to top Go down
WonderBoy

WonderBoy

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:20 pm

Tag Duel will be awesome.Also TCG and OCG decks will help our tournament to be better and have more fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Light,Yagami

Light,Yagami

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:51 pm

^^no OCG, mostly every1 here is TCG,
Back to top Go down
Erebus
Chancellor
Chancellor
Erebus

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments EmptySun May 20, 2012 2:59 pm

WEEKLY TOURNAMENT, SPECIAL WEEKLY PRIZE=MORE ACTIVE MEMBERS Smile
Back to top Go down
Light,Yagami

Light,Yagami

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments EmptySun May 20, 2012 3:18 pm

xD erebus... u neva subbed Sad
Back to top Go down
Erebus
Chancellor
Chancellor
Erebus

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments EmptyMon May 21, 2012 11:33 am

I DON'T WANT TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUPER SAIYAN POST girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111
Back to top Go down
Light,Yagami

Light,Yagami

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:01 pm

u will suuuuuuuuuuuub!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

weekly tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekly tournaments   weekly tournaments Empty

Back to top Go down

weekly tournaments
Page 1 of 1