Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog inPortal
Do you think you are one of the best duelists out there? Prove it to us by competing in the Shooting Storm Tournament to join the new dorm of Shooting Storm! Join HERE!

A nw testing system maybe?

Go down 
+5
Sevendrawstosix
Erebus
Light,Yagami
Noobie2k7
Dominique LeBeau
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dominique LeBeau
Chancellor
Chancellor
Dominique LeBeau

A nw testing system maybe? Empty
PostSubject: A nw testing system maybe?   A nw testing system maybe? EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:11 pm

This i a possible way to have people be tested

You start by dueling a regular level deck. If you win you go up by a dorm if you lose you go down by a dorm unless u lose the first duel.
There are 3 duels for the test.
Then a deck review will be made and a duel review will be made
Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Noobie2k7

PostSubject: Re: A nw testing system maybe?   A nw testing system maybe? EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:20 pm

Seems too time consuming and complicated. what i would suggest is the following;

The person being tested chooses what level they wish to come in at (be that slifer for an easy ride, Ra for a normal difficulty but still challenging duel or Obelisk for a hard, really challenging and strict duel and test)

Then they will duel against someone depending on their choice. I;d suggest different testers for each Dorm. Then will be graded on a slightly modified points system of the one you already have in place. If you pass, then woop, they got into where they want to be. If they fail then the judge can decide where they should be put.

I'll go into a bit more detail of my suggestions if the need calls for it and i'm asked.
Back to top Go down
Dominique LeBeau
Chancellor
Chancellor
Dominique LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: A nw testing system maybe?   A nw testing system maybe? EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:23 pm

So what if they lose a duel and how many duels do they do?
Back to top Go down
Noobie2k7

PostSubject: Re: A nw testing system maybe?   A nw testing system maybe? EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:30 pm

Well if they lose in Slifer then it won;t really matter, just so long as they show they have some skill and ain't completely retarded.

Ra, it might matter depending on player skill, ruling errors, forgotten things like effects etc etc.

Obelisk, it most certainly will matter. Obelisk should be a place reserved for only the very bestest. If you want to be in Obelisk then you should win the duel, make little to no ruling errors or forgotten plays etc etc.

As an example; When i was in my test duel i won, but in game 1 while synchroing i forgot to be using the manadatory effects of my laval handmaidens. That would be a major strike against me if i was going for obelisk. The decks The Obelisk testers use should be good decks, atleast tier 2/1.5. Things like DW, Sams, X-Sabers, Wind-ups. That kinda thing. While Ra would be things like LS, BW, Glads, Chaos, things that are good decks but not really as good at really top tier decks.
Back to top Go down
Light,Yagami

Light,Yagami

PostSubject: Re: A nw testing system maybe?   A nw testing system maybe? EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:03 pm

^^This sounds like a real good idea
Back to top Go down
Erebus
Chancellor
Chancellor
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: A nw testing system maybe?   A nw testing system maybe? EmptyMon May 21, 2012 11:39 am

Itachi, now I'm not saying use the same test system lets say "our" old test system, but trust your the people you choose for testers and let them pick any non-meta tier 2 or lower deck they have. Let them choose how good or bad it should be or they can have it evaluated if you like, the last part of the comments are IF you want to keep the, they choose method. Personally I prefer the just 3 duels no difference if they want slifer or obelisk. Then they get what they get from it, just make sure you have good testers that you can trust with this. Its much simpler then it sounds and you and me specifically know this.
Back to top Go down
Sevendrawstosix
Vice-Chancellor
Vice-Chancellor
Sevendrawstosix

PostSubject: Re: A nw testing system maybe?   A nw testing system maybe? EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:31 pm

And how are we going to decide who does what dorm?
Back to top Go down
jkskla

PostSubject: Re: A nw testing system maybe?   A nw testing system maybe? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:06 am

Sounds pretty good to me.
Back to top Go down
EbilKid

EbilKid

PostSubject: Re: A nw testing system maybe?   A nw testing system maybe? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:58 am

I agree with Quasar. But it seems a little confusing but I like it. But I think it should 4 duels instead of 3 so it can decide where exactly he might be going.
Back to top Go down
http://novamasters.forumegypt.net/
Erebus
Chancellor
Chancellor
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: A nw testing system maybe?   A nw testing system maybe? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:14 pm

This is VERY old and was already settled lol
Back to top Go down
Mindy Loves Lucy

Mindy Loves Lucy

PostSubject: Re: A nw testing system maybe?   A nw testing system maybe? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 2:43 pm

Mindy suggests this.

Upon the request of a test; you choose a dorm as well. Your tester will be from the same dorm that you chose. There would be 2-3 testers from each dorm. And there should at least be a simple rulings test for 30 points, making 100 points total on the test, instead of the arbitrary 70. There are some people making Shooting Star who would possibly fail this ruling test, even though their dueling skill are good enough. With ruling knowledge comes increased skill in dueling, so making sure that people know a decent amount of rulings would be a great way to improve upon their skills.

Back to top Go down
Erebus
Chancellor
Chancellor
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: A nw testing system maybe?   A nw testing system maybe? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:41 pm

Sounds like to many testers.. You only need the few you trust really:/
Back to top Go down
Muteness

PostSubject: Re: A nw testing system maybe?   A nw testing system maybe? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:07 pm

I'm sort of for both Mindy and Eerie, but it could be straight forward and consist of more requirements than what is currently in place. A tester from the chosen dorm seems like a good start, but you have to take a rule based test to see what dorm you may try for, so you need a certain amount of points to attempt the higher dorms. Winning the duel is just a matter of statistics/luck and it should count for less than what you prove via fast and coherent play, correct judgment calls, et cetera.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A nw testing system maybe?   A nw testing system maybe? Empty

Back to top Go down

A nw testing system maybe?
Page 1 of 1