Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog inPortal
Do you think you are one of the best duelists out there? Prove it to us by competing in the Shooting Storm Tournament to join the new dorm of Shooting Storm! Join HERE!

Solemn Warning

Go down 
AuthorMessage
C.C.

C.C.

Solemn Warning Empty
PostSubject: Solemn Warning   Solemn Warning EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 3:42 am

Solemn Warning:

Solemn Warning can ONLY be activated if a card is activated that Special Summons something. And by activating the card, I mean placing it Face-Up on the field, like Monster Reborn, or Call of the Haunted, or Gorz, Emissary of Darkness.
There are some cards however, that Special Summon when you activate their effects. Meaning, cards like Fusion Gate, Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen or Infernity Launcher.
This is NOT card activation, this is effect activation. Solemn Warning's text does say it can negate the activation of an effect activation, but this refers to monster effects.
So, since Warning can only negate the activation of a Spell/Trap CARD, it cannot negate the activation of a Spell or Trap Effect, like Fusion Gate or Infernity Launcher.

Also, what people do wrong a lot, is using Solemn Warning on the Summon of a Fusion or Ritual Monster. This is not possible, unless the Fusion was done by Contact Fusion.
To negate ritual or Fusion Summons, you have to negate the card activation that Summons the monster. For example Polymerization, or Gishki Aqua Mirror. Warning cannot negate the Summon of a Monster that was Summoned by Polymerization or Gishki Aqua Mirror, only the activation of the card. This is, because when it is Summoned, a card effect is resolving, and basic Game Rules state, you cannot, under any circumstances, start a chain while another chain is resolving.

Back to top Go down

Solemn Warning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shooting Star Academy :: Duel Support :: Dueling Lessons-
Jump to: