Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog inPortal
Do you think you are one of the best duelists out there? Prove it to us by competing in the Shooting Storm Tournament to join the new dorm of Shooting Storm! Join HERE!

Answer all my questions and I'll give you a plus 1 reputation!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
"The Chibi Monkey"

Answer all my questions and I'll give you a plus 1 reputation! 198-23

Answer all my questions and I'll give you a plus 1 reputation! Empty
PostSubject: Answer all my questions and I'll give you a plus 1 reputation!   Answer all my questions and I'll give you a plus 1 reputation! EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 6:43 am

Why can I only normal summon once per turn, why not twice?

Why can I special summon infinitely number of turns, instead of once? What's so special about special summoning?!?!

Define the difference between Coherent and Incoherent summoning.

If I use the card "Question" and get out a level 5 monster, can I still special it?

What if the monster that got questioned was a monster like Black Luster Soldier?

What if the monster was level 1-4?

What are examples of spell and trap cards missing timing?

What are examples of monsters missing timing?

Simultaneous Effects Go On Chain?

How do I know if an effect targets?

List me the steps through the Battle Phase. Battle Step, Battle Calc, ect...

How do I know it's an effect rather than a cost to activate?

List me all the different ways to "send".

Destruction vs Negation? D:

Proper way to negate a summon?

Mind controlled Sangan went into synchro, who gets effect?

Ignoring summoning conditions?

Negate the activation of a card vs negate the activation of an effect of a card?

Conditions?

Limited continuous monster effects?

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
! Gianus

! Gianus

PostSubject: Re: Answer all my questions and I'll give you a plus 1 reputation!   Answer all my questions and I'll give you a plus 1 reputation! EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:52 am

Just 1 thing, I know the answers to all of these questions but I use the links (Marked by being underlined) to help explaining.

1. Because those are the basic rules of the game. Just like you can't treat a King as a Queen with Chess.

2. Basic Rules, nothing more

3. 1st of all, it is Inherent, not Incoherent.
- Coherent means that the summon is done by a card effect like that of monster reborn or Call of the Haunted and a Coherent summon starts a chain as CL 1.
- An Inherent summon is a summon that does not start a chain. Examples of this are Normal summons, Flip Summons and summons done through a Condition (Not an effect!!) like that of Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning and cyber Dragon.

4. Yes you can, since the card "Question" does not specify a certain level(s).

5. A monster that is Semi-Nomi can only be special summoned through other card effects if it first has been summoned through its summoning condition.
For example, it has been sent to the graveyard by "Hand Destruction", then it cannot be summoned by Question, since it has not been summoned through its own condition first.

6. Ask your questions more detailed -.-" Did your opponent get it right or not?
I assume he got it wrong and you want to special summon the monster..
If the monster is a Nomi like Aztekipede, You won't be able to summon it.
If it is a Semi-Nomi, then I will refer you to the answer of question 5.
Any other case will result in a special summon. (Please keep in mind that Fusion/Synchro/XYZ monsters are Semi-Nomi. Meaning that they need to be Fusion/Synchro/XYZ - summoned before they can be special summoned by other card effects unless you have a card that special summons an Extra-deck monster from the Extra-deck (e.g. Starlight Road))

7. Geartown's special summoning effect misses the timing if it is destroyed when another Field Spell is activated.
Bottomless Trap Hole and Starlight Road have to be chained DIRECTLY to the summoning/effect. If something else is activated in direct response to the summoning/effect, cards like BTH/Starlight Road cannot be activated and people often refer it as Missing The Timing while it is not exactly the same.

8. SEGOC happens when 2 or more effects want to activate at the same time. For example: "Dark Diviner" destroys a "Shooting Quasar Dragon". The effect of sending the top 3 cards from the opponent's deck to the graveyard AND the effect of summoning a "Shooting Star Dragon" want to activate at the same time. In this case SEGOC happens. Since Dark Diviner can only destroy SQD if it attacks, the Dark Diviner is controlled by the TURN PLAYER. Even if it wasn't, Dark Diviner would trigger before SQD does because it has a MANDATORY effect. It is too much to explain so I will refer you to that link at the start of this answer.
But anyway, Dark Diviner CL 1 (it triggers first), SQD CL 2 (it triggers after Diviner does). So you would first Special Summon Shooting Star and after that you mill 3 cards. A Chain resolves backwards.

9. Targetting means that you select a card(s) for an effect to resolve on those cards when the effect is ACTIVATED. If you select the cards when the effect RESOLVES, you do not target. Card effects like that of Trishula do not target because the cards that are affected by this effect are chosen when the effect resolves.
But almost all the cards in the TCG are getting reprints because of Problem Solving Cardtext. If a new card or a reprinted card targets, it will be denoted with this ";".

10. Too fcking much to explain so just read this shit.

11. Most costs were defined by this wording: "Do a certain thing TO resolve this effect"
If something looked like a cost but was an effect instead, they replaced the TO with the word AND (for example with "Trance Archefiend").

But just as with targetting, costs will be denoted with a ";" sign in new and reprinted cards to avoid confusions.

12. No.

13. MST vs Stardust Dragon. Ask your questions with more detail cuz I am too lazy to fill in the questions myself P_P

14. Using a card that says "Negate the summon of a monster."

15. The player of whom the "Sangan" card belongs to.

16. Ignoring this question because it is not a question P_P

17. Solemn Warning negates the activation of a card that special summons a monster. There are cards that do not special summon a monster on theire initial activation like "Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen" or "Geartown" but do include an effect of special summoning a monster.
Cards like "Monster Reborn" summon a monster when activated. If a Card does summon a monster, but it is not when the card is activated, then it is an effect that Special Summons a monster.

18. Nice question P_P

19. Your mom.

Grimmy you're an anus. Can't believe I wasted more than half an hour on typing this.

If you think any1 of my answers is wrong, then you are wrong, cuz they are right.
Trust me, I'm anus P_P

Last edited by ! Gianus on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Messed up with some codes at Question 9.)
Back to top Go down
"The Chibi Monkey"

Answer all my questions and I'll give you a plus 1 reputation! 198-23

PostSubject: Re: Answer all my questions and I'll give you a plus 1 reputation!   Answer all my questions and I'll give you a plus 1 reputation! EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:10 am

There is 20 ruling questions, you only answered 19, but I gave you a +1 anyways Smile

Back to top Go down
! Gianus

! Gianus

PostSubject: Re: Answer all my questions and I'll give you a plus 1 reputation!   Answer all my questions and I'll give you a plus 1 reputation! EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:17 am

Right I forgot examples of monsters missing the timing.

7.5 Light Pulsar Dragon misses its timing to Special Summon a lv5 or higher Dark Dragon from the graveyard when tributed for the activation of Cannon Soldier's effect.
You first tribute, at that time Pulsar wants to activate but it can not since Cannon Soldier must fully resolve its effect first. And since that is the ONLY time Pulsar can trigger its effect, it will not trigger after Cannon Soldier has fully resolved and dealth 500 damage. Meaning that Pulsar misses its timing.

Happy? P_P
Back to top Go down
Erebus
Chancellor
Chancellor
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Answer all my questions and I'll give you a plus 1 reputation!   Answer all my questions and I'll give you a plus 1 reputation! EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:16 pm

^On missing timing to make Pulsar AND Elemental Hero The Shining miss timing just side Soul Taker, the last thing to resolve isn't Pulsar or The Shining its giving them the LP for destroying it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Answer all my questions and I'll give you a plus 1 reputation!   Answer all my questions and I'll give you a plus 1 reputation! Empty

Back to top Go down

Answer all my questions and I'll give you a plus 1 reputation!
Page 1 of 1