Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog inPortal
Do you think you are one of the best duelists out there? Prove it to us by competing in the Shooting Storm Tournament to join the new dorm of Shooting Storm! Join HERE!

Missing window of response

Go down 
AuthorMessage
C.C.

C.C.

Missing window of response Empty
PostSubject: Missing window of response   Missing window of response EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 2:43 am

Some situations cause your cards to miss theire "Window of response".
Make note, this has NOTHING to do with "Missing the Timing".

One example of this is the exact timing that "Starlight Road" should be activated.

Say that you have 2 Spell/Trap-cards face-down on the field (one of them being "Starlight Road") and your opponent also has 2 Spell/Trap-cards face-down on the field (also 1 being "Starlight Road").
You activate a "Heavy Storm" from your hand. Your opponent chains to your "Heavy Storm" with his "Starlight Road".
You want to chain your own "Starlight Road" to your opponent's "Starlight Road" so that yours resolves first. This is an illegal move!

While things like this can happen (for example 2 "Mystical Space Typhoon"s, both targeting the same card to destroy, 1 resolving before the other), these things cannot happen with cards like "Starlight Road".
"Starlight Road" needs to be chained DIRECTLY to the card that destroys 2 or more of your cards.
Since your opponent has the priority to chain to your cards and has taken the chance to chain to your card, you cannot activate "Starlight Road" since it has missed its "Window of Response".
Missing the "Window of Response" can happen to cards like "Bottomless Trap Hole", "Appropriate", and various other cards that need to be activated at a specific moment.
Back to top Go down

Missing window of response
Page 1 of 1