Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog inPortal
Do you think you are one of the best duelists out there? Prove it to us by competing in the Shooting Storm Tournament to join the new dorm of Shooting Storm! Join HERE!

Mandatory - Optional effects

Go down 
AuthorMessage
C.C.

C.C.

Mandatory - Optional effects      Empty
PostSubject: Mandatory - Optional effects    Mandatory - Optional effects      EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:53 am

Mandatory effects are effects that have to happen. They don't give you a choice. Nor will they miss timing. Examples are;
Sangan:
Spoiler:
Ally of Justice Catastor:
Spoiler:

Optional effects are effects that you can choose to use. There are two different versions of optional effects, the If effects and the When effects.

Optional If:
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole:
Spoiler:

Optional When:
Black Rose Dragon:
Spoiler:

If effects don't start a chain, since they only care that the requirement is met, for example, "if this card is summoned". in that case, it only cares that it's summoned, and not at the time that it is summoned. it will simply start a new chain after the old one resolved.

When effects miss timing when they're not the last thing to happen in a chain. This is due to the fact that it says "when this card is summoned", meaning, at the exact time it's summoned, it's effect activates. and when it happens while a chain is resolving, you can't use those effects, because you can't chain during the resolve of a chain link. hence they miss timing, and cannot be used.
Back to top Go down

Mandatory - Optional effects
Page 1 of 1