Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog inPortal
Do you think you are one of the best duelists out there? Prove it to us by competing in the Shooting Storm Tournament to join the new dorm of Shooting Storm! Join HERE!

Old suggestions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Old suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Old suggestions   Old suggestions EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:54 pm

Hello, here is suggestions that i posted on another forum but who wasn't accepted ^^

1-Put other fields in the profile like this

Favourite card
Game Style (Aggro / Control)
Favourite Deck
Hate Deck

And others ^^

2-We are in an academy, and here is an idea that i had 6 months ago when i was in a french academy, but i never submitted it ^^
My idea is, build a deck tester team, who analyze and test deck of other people (tuners for example) and tell to them what's the defaults and quality, strenght and weakness of the deck, and that could be good for beginners i suppose.
I hope you'll be interested.
Enjoy
Back to top Go down
"The Chibi Monkey"

Old suggestions 198-23

Old suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old suggestions   Old suggestions EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:59 pm

Hiroshi Nakahara wrote:
Hello, here is suggestions that i posted on another forum but who wasn't accepted ^^

1-Put other fields in the profile like this

Favourite card
Game Style (Aggro / Control)
Favourite Deck
Hate Deck

And others ^^

2-We are in an academy, and here is an idea that i had 6 months ago when i was in a french academy, but i never submitted it ^^
My idea is, build a deck tester team, who analyze and test deck of other people (tuners for example) and tell to them what's the defaults and quality, strenght and weakness of the deck, and that could be good for beginners i suppose.
I hope you'll be interested.
Enjoy

I like everything mentioned except the Favorite deck and Hate deck. People who look are their opponent's profile in shadow arena/battle arena are going to use that to their advantage. I've only played Gishki in the Shadow arena and Battle Arena and I've been countered by anitmeta decks/gravekeepers all my duels there. What makes me think that they're doing it on purpose is that most of them saw my duels while I was dueling for points. I just had one today that said "Okay I promise next time we duel I won't use skill drain" It was like he purposely used it on me to shut down my deck. Not only that, but he had Dimensional Prisons and BTHs. -___-

- Favorite deck and Hate deck idea

Hate deck idea on profile is bad because they're going to troll you XD
Back to top Go down

Old suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old suggestions   Old suggestions EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:00 pm

Your reason is true, i agree with you thank you grimmy chan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
"The Chibi Monkey"

Old suggestions 198-23

Old suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old suggestions   Old suggestions EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Your welcome Wink
Back to top Go down
! Gianus

! Gianus

Old suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old suggestions   Old suggestions EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:33 am

Great ideas overall. The "expanding profile" thing is a really good idea.
But the deck tester idea.. It is OK. However I think that this could be included to the teachers function. A teacher should help people building theire deck if they have trouble with it.
You can just post your decklist in the Deck Dome and a teacher would normally tell you how to edit the deck to make it better.
I think that a "Deck Testing Team" is unnecessery.
Back to top Go down

Old suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old suggestions   Old suggestions EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:35 am

It's true but teaching section is empty for the moment :/
Back to top Go down
! Gianus

! Gianus

Old suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old suggestions   Old suggestions EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:04 am

Yeah it still is. But I will probably be promoted to teacher in a few days. I will fill out the application as soon as I get home.
And when we do have teacher, the testing team will be unnecessery.
Back to top Go down

Old suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old suggestions   Old suggestions EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:07 am

I think teaching and testing are two different things
Back to top Go down
! Gianus

! Gianus

Old suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old suggestions   Old suggestions EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:11 am

They are. But a teacher should be experienced and it is theire job to help people that are new to the game.
They should also help people with building decks using theire experience.

Last edited by ! Gianus on Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Old suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old suggestions   Old suggestions EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:24 pm

The deck tester team could be all member who wants, you can test a deck without have habilities to be teacher so it is different.
Back to top Go down
"The Chibi Monkey"

Old suggestions 198-23

Old suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old suggestions   Old suggestions EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:21 am

I think Hiro means that there is a big difference between testers and teachers. Testers should be testing your deck to make sure what weaknesses of the deck are with the strengths of the deck. Teachers by your definition Gianus usually help newbies to the game understand stuff like basic rulings (on chat some time ago) and help make some editions to decks. However, I don't think they're intention is to actually try the deck themselves? There could be a process of both suggested ideas. I think it should be that the person who wants to get opinions on the deck go to the teacher where the teacher can teach some rulings in tough situations the deck will face, some good additions as well as things to get rid of then present it to a "deck tester" where he will be testing out the deck. Then the deck is readied for the player. I like this idea, but I don't think we have enough active users :s

I like both ideas working together to be honest.
Back to top Go down
! Gianus

! Gianus

Old suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old suggestions   Old suggestions EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:25 am

What I am trying to say is that Teachers should be experienced enough to know most kind of decks. I mean, I can look at a deck and see what its weaknesses are only by looking at it.
Back to top Go down
Mindy Loves Lucy

Mindy Loves Lucy

Old suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old suggestions   Old suggestions EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:52 pm

Yes. Anus is right Very Happy Teachers should know lots of different decks, whereas Testers just need to be able to see the strengths and weaknesses of a deck while having knowledge of rulings of many cards.
Back to top Go down

Old suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old suggestions   Old suggestions EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:59 pm

But if testers don't tell the weakness and strenght, so how can we progress without lesson? By practice only?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Old suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old suggestions   Old suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Old suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shooting Star Academy :: Shooting Star Academy :: Feedback and Support-
Jump to: