Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog inPortal
Do you think you are one of the best duelists out there? Prove it to us by competing in the Shooting Storm Tournament to join the new dorm of Shooting Storm! Join HERE!

Special summoning Rule

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kesengsem

Special summoning Rule Empty
PostSubject: Special summoning Rule   Special summoning Rule EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:30 am

can u guys tell me clearly bout special summoning rule?

thx
Back to top Go down
C.C.

C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Special summoning Rule   Special summoning Rule EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:58 am

There are 2 Types of Special Summoning:

External Summons and Inherent Summons.

Both of these can be conducted unlimited times per turn; implying you met the summoning requirements/requirements to activate an effect to summon.

Now, External Summons are summons through card effects, like any Fusion Summon (Contact Fusion is not a Fusion Summon, despite it's name) or Ritual Summon. These effects start a chain.
Examples: Dark Simorgh; Wind-Up Shark; Wind-Up Rat; Wind-Up Magician; T.G. Warwolf and so on.
THESE SUMMONS CANNOT BE NEGATED! YOU CAN ONLY NEGATE THE ACTIVATION OF THE CARD EFFECTS!

Inherent Summons are summons that do not start a chain. Best examples are Synchro and Xyz Summons.
Cards like Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning, T.G. Striker, Cyber Dragon, Quickdraw Synchron, Junk Forward and any other Synchro/Xyz Monster.
Back to top Go down
jkskla

PostSubject: Re: Special summoning Rule   Special summoning Rule EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:04 pm

Yeah she hit the nail on the head with that explanation.
Back to top Go down
Kesengsem

PostSubject: Re: Special summoning Rule   Special summoning Rule EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:09 pm

so when i use the card with the effect to negate special summon, like thunder king rai oh or solemn warning, what special summon it can negate?
Back to top Go down
xXxstrifexXx

xXxstrifexXx

PostSubject: Re: Special summoning Rule   Special summoning Rule EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:15 pm

inherent Summons but i'm not 100% sure on this.
Back to top Go down
jkskla

PostSubject: Re: Special summoning Rule   Special summoning Rule EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:55 pm

yeah rai-oh can only negate inherit summons. summons by the effect of another card can't be negated by rai-oh. For example, if i were to play monster reborn, rai-oh wouldn't be able to negate it because its a special summon by another card. if i were to xyz summon or synchro summon, then you could negate it. if i were to fusion summon though, rai-oh can't negate because its a special summon through polymerization. make sense?
Back to top Go down
xXxstrifexXx

xXxstrifexXx

PostSubject: Re: Special summoning Rule   Special summoning Rule EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:06 pm

yep i knew i was right but doubted myself when seen all that typing @.@.
Back to top Go down
Kairyu Murou
Vice-Chancellor
Vice-Chancellor

PostSubject: Re: Special summoning Rule   Special summoning Rule EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Good Explanation this will also help people learn about the different types of summon and what or what not they can negate.
Back to top Go down
Kairyu Murou
Vice-Chancellor
Vice-Chancellor

PostSubject: Re: Special summoning Rule   Special summoning Rule EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:30 pm

Good Explanation this will also help people learn about the different types of summon and what or what not they can negate.
Back to top Go down
xXxstrifexXx

xXxstrifexXx

PostSubject: Re: Special summoning Rule   Special summoning Rule EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:48 pm

twice o.O
Back to top Go down
C.C.

C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Special summoning Rule   Special summoning Rule EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:39 am

lol. if an admin can move all non card specific rulings I posted in Card discussions and rulings to the dueling lessons subforum, I can work from there. would help all a lot. and those admins, thx for makin me teacher ^^ appreciate it ;p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Special summoning Rule   Special summoning Rule Empty

Back to top Go down

Special summoning Rule
Page 1 of 1