Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog inPortal
Do you think you are one of the best duelists out there? Prove it to us by competing in the Shooting Storm Tournament to join the new dorm of Shooting Storm! Join HERE!

Missing Timing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
C.C.

C.C.

Missing Timing       Empty
PostSubject: Missing Timing    Missing Timing       EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:55 am

Cards that say "When... ,you can..." are able to miis timing. Typical examples of cards that miss timing are:
- Peten, the Dark Clown
- Lightpulsar Dragon
- Naturia Cliff

Here's an example for how either of these cards misses timing:

Player A has a face-up "Naturia Cliff", and a "Naturia Bamboo Shoot" in his hand. He Tribute Summons "Naturia Bamboo Shoot" by Tributing his face-up "Naturia Cliff". You would say, that "Naturia Cliff" starts a new chain, and Special Summons a level 4 or lower "Naturia" Monster from your deck, but he can't.
This is, because the last thing to have happened was Bamboo Shoot being Summoned. And "When..., you can..." cards need to be the last thing to happen. For example, when it's destroyed by "Torrential Tribute", the last thing that happened was Cliff being sent to the Graveyard.
However, when it's tributed for Bamboo Shoot, first Cliff goes to the Graveyard, then Bamboo Shoot is Summoned, so it's not the last thing to have happened.

These "When..., you can" Effects have to be the last thing to happen in a chain, otherwise they will miss timing.
Also Spell and Traps can miss timing, but the only one I'm known with at the moment is "Geartown"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Missing Timing    Missing Timing       EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 7:55 am

It will help some people , thank u ♥
Back to top Go down
C.C.

C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Missing Timing    Missing Timing       EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:45 am

lol, np, hope those "ppl" will actually read it tho xD
Back to top Go down
! Gianus

! Gianus

PostSubject: Re: Missing Timing    Missing Timing       EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:46 am

C.C. wrote:
These "When..., you can" Effects have to be the last thing to happen in a chain, otherwise they will miss timing.

This is not completely true and in my opinion you should go way deeper in explaining a really complicated thing like missing the timing in order for people to fully understand it.
I am working on an article about " Missing the Timing" for DuelAcademy and I will also post it on here when it is finished.
Back to top Go down
C.C.

C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Missing Timing    Missing Timing       EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:03 am

The fact in the matter is, that "When..., you can" indicates that it has to happen at exactly that moment. And when the chain hasn't resolved yet, for example something still happens afterwards, then it's missing the timing to activate, since we can't activate anything while a chain is resolving.
Back to top Go down
! Gianus

! Gianus

PostSubject: Re: Missing Timing    Missing Timing       EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:48 pm

True, but still you are not going into it deeply enough...
Back to top Go down
Kairyu Murou
Vice-Chancellor
Vice-Chancellor

PostSubject: Re: Missing Timing    Missing Timing       EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:24 pm

This information will be useful for people on the academy and new people that need help with missing timing as well nice job
Back to top Go down
Muteness

PostSubject: Re: Missing Timing    Missing Timing       EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:44 pm

Gianus is correct, that hardly scratches the surface, I think that people should look at "if" effects at the same time, timing for when the chain starts and if it can indeed mistime is all one subject, I think it's somewhat unhelpful to view it in segments.
Back to top Go down
C.C.

C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Missing Timing    Missing Timing       EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 2:11 am

I have it explained kinda deeper somewhere, with the difference between if and when. But why don't you post something on it then ;p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing Timing    Missing Timing       Empty

Back to top Go down

Missing Timing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shooting Star Academy :: Duel Support :: Dueling Lessons-
Jump to: