Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog inPortal
Do you think you are one of the best duelists out there? Prove it to us by competing in the Shooting Storm Tournament to join the new dorm of Shooting Storm! Join HERE!

Problems with side deck? Look here!

Go down 
+3
milkydomo
! Crow Hogan
Erebus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Erebus
Chancellor
Chancellor
Erebus

Problems with side deck? Look here! Empty
PostSubject: Problems with side deck? Look here!   Problems with side deck? Look here! EmptyTue May 22, 2012 3:41 pm

Ok, now I saw Itachi's post and I thought I'd just throw my view in this. My preferred BASIC side deck, which this is an amazing side deck IF your a beginner and don't know how to make a good one yourself or if you just want side deck card ideas.

NOTE: YES THIS ISN'T EXACTLY 15, ITS TO HELP YOU MAKE YOUR OWN ORIGINAL AN RECOMMENDS HOW MANY TO RUN OF WHAT.

SIDEDECK:
~~~2-3 Prohibition, this card lets you litterally declare a card name and your opponent can not use it. E.g. if your opponent is using inzektors call Inzektor Hornet and they can't loop on you.

~~~2-3 Light Imprisoning Mirror, We all know light monsters are very common at the moment, especially with the release of Hieratics. This is amazing against light decks. Its effect is as follows... When the effect of a LIGHT monster activates on the field OR in the Graveyard, negate it. So this also stops Effect Veiler even. Highly recommended

~~~2 Chain Disappearance, When a monster(s) with 1000 or less ATK is Summoned: Banish that monster(s), then your opponent banishes all cards with the same name as that card(s) from their hand and Deck. This can be very helpful against a few decks out at the moment including Inzektors especially. Obviously.

OK Now, those are your MAIN side deck cards that almost any deck should use.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are cards that might be more practical to some so I'm going to list them here now.

~~~Mystical Space Typhoon, never underestimate this simple old card. If you don't run 3 in your main deck and you have space in your side deck definitely think about it. You'd be surprised.

~~~2 Safe Zone, this is a card that is becoming big in many new decks now. This card lets you stop your card from being destroyed by battle or your opponents card effects. And if you use this card PROPERLY if your opponent MST's (^see above^) your facedown safe zone, chain it and use it on your opponent's monster. So what happens more less, they destroy safe zone but in doing so they destroy there own monster that you used Safe Zone on. Only other downside to this is you can't attack directly but who cares with an unbeatable monster for the time being?

~~~1 Mind Control, if this isn't in your main deck its a limited card that if there is room you can make probably should be. (not for all decks though)

~~~1 Book of Moon, another staple that some people don't run in certain decks but if you don't run it I recommend it if you can spare the room.

~~~2 Forbidden Lance, When a monster(s) with 1000 or less ATK is Summoned: Banish that monster(s), then your opponent banishes all cards with the same name as that card(s) from their hand and Deck. I can't count the times I have used this on a card of mine when the opponent does something such as dark hole. Just read it and you should understand.

~~~1-2 Solemn Warning, 1 Solemn Judgment, I see alot of people not main this and its quite crazy. I understand putting Solemn Judgment not in main deck or side deck sometimes but Solemn Warning is an amazing card to have in 75% of all decks. There is 1 or 2 I don't run it in but for a beginner its a definite.

~~~1-2 Dimensional Prison, this card banish's an opponents monster when it attacks and it doesn't also destroy like Bottomless Does so this card can get rid of Stardust Dragon or even Red Nova Dragon! Very handy.

~~~1-2 Compulsory Evacuation Devices, a very old cheap card that is starting to be more common again. This card just returns a card on the field back to there hand. You can even use it on your own monster when your opponent does something like Dark Hole or it also gets rid of almost any synchro monster your opponent uses except the all mighty Shooting Quasar Dragon itself. This card DOES work on Stardust dragon and Red Nova Dragon also and they don't even have to attack!

~~~1-2 Fiendish Chains, amazing card you should be running 1 minimum in almost all of your decks anyways for the main deck alone! This card stops a monster cards effect and even stops it from attacking!

~~~1-2 Effect Veiler, a very good card that can be substituted for Fiendish Chain.

~~~1-3 Maxx C, people have stopped using these as much anymore but it makes an amazing side deck card believe it or not.. So many decks at this time swarm the field or just have a-lot of special summons in general. This card gives you a draw every time they do.

~~~1-2 Bottomless Trap Hole, substitute for compulsory and dimensional prison. This lets you banish *AND* destroy any monster summoned with 1500 or more attack. Its VERY good but it doesn't work on cards such as stardust dragon and Red Nova Dragon sadly. Choose Wisely.

~~~1-3 Pot of Duality, amazing card but its normally in main deck. If not think about side decking it for possible draw power depending on if you need it or not.

~~~1-2 Call of the Haunted, lets you bring a monster back from the grave same as monster reborn but its only from your grave and CotH stays on the field. but depending on the deck and if you feel you need extra graveyard power, this card is your man. (or woman?)

~~~1-3 One Day of Peace, this card also is a more reliable sometimes, it gives both you and your opponent 1 draw but there's no damage to either person until the end of the turn, and its an amazing stall card or if your deck requires getting setup a specific hand or field.

~~~1-2 Torrential Tribute, this card destroys all (yes yours too but still amazing card) monsters on the field when a monster is summoned (if you want to use it). Whats not to love? Staple in most decks. Recommend at least 1 in your main deck.

~~~1-2 Magical Mallets, more Draw power again but if you don't wanna get rid of cards or give your opponent satisfaction of gaining LP or a draw also. Lets you return however many cards you choose from hand BACK into the deck and redraw that many.. Has saved me sometimes in certain decks like Lavals.

~~~0-3 Royal Decree, this stops all traps from being used. Can be really good but can cripple your own deck it all depends.

~~~0-2 Non Fusion area, it depends.. its not used much but can be good for specific tournaments and such. Just keeping it an open option. It stops all fusions as you get from the name...

~~~0-2 Magic Cylinder, old card many see it as not needed but it negates an attack and sends the attack back directly into the opponent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I thank-you for your time and I hope this helped you, if it helped you please hit that +Rep button on me Smile

Back to top Go down
! Crow Hogan

PostSubject: Re: Problems with side deck? Look here!   Problems with side deck? Look here! EmptySun May 27, 2012 7:34 pm

so why is Solemn Warning Pot of Duality MST in the Side deck choices? are these your personal choices? Im just wondering why these are in the side deck options which yes they can be side decked but most of the decks require Warning Duality MST in the deck its self. Also as another Note/Comment about the side deck options is that your side deck should be mostly about the meta its self like Chain dissaperance ect... then the rest should be other then meta something to stop anti-meta decks chain burns ect..
Back to top Go down
milkydomo

milkydomo

PostSubject: Re: Problems with side deck? Look here!   Problems with side deck? Look here! EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 5:34 am

In my opinion, adding two Superpoly's and two Shinings, is a good side against Heros Very Happy and also that I don't see why people run duality still. It's too slow in today's meta >_>
Back to top Go down
Light,Yagami

Light,Yagami

PostSubject: Re: Problems with side deck? Look here!   Problems with side deck? Look here! EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:13 am

Consistency, super poly is alright side, though usualy I find that Im pushed for space so I dont run them, its pretty much a -1 and its really jsut for 1 matchup unless your running heros. Though its funny having them go stratos bubbleman and you goin superpoly xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems with side deck? Look here!   Problems with side deck? Look here! EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:34 am

Nice help thank you.
Back to top Go down
Kairyu Murou
Vice-Chancellor
Vice-Chancellor

PostSubject: Re: Problems with side deck? Look here!   Problems with side deck? Look here! EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:14 pm

Hmm this was a good amount of info for side deck nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems with side deck? Look here!   Problems with side deck? Look here! EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:44 pm

You can add mask restrict , against hieratics
Back to top Go down
duelking11

duelking11

PostSubject: Re: Problems with side deck? Look here!   Problems with side deck? Look here! EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:16 am

I side also Imperial iron wall and it works pretty well
Back to top Go down
EbilKid

EbilKid

PostSubject: Re: Problems with side deck? Look here!   Problems with side deck? Look here! EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 5:58 am

That was useful. Thank you a lot. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://novamasters.forumegypt.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with side deck? Look here!   Problems with side deck? Look here! Empty

Back to top Go down

Problems with side deck? Look here!
Page 1 of 1