Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Shooting Star Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog inPortal
Do you think you are one of the best duelists out there? Prove it to us by competing in the Shooting Storm Tournament to join the new dorm of Shooting Storm! Join HERE!

Archetype only Tournament (DN)

Go down 
+2
adorablecard
Noobie2k7
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Noobie2k7

Archetype only Tournament (DN) Empty
PostSubject: Archetype only Tournament (DN)   Archetype only Tournament (DN) EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:37 pm

I'm going to be gathering duelists for an interesting format tournament based solely around archetype cards and support.

The rules are simple.

1. You can only build the deck using cards from your chosen archetype or ones that closely relate and synergise with it.

2. All cards currently on the ban list are forbidden. So all limited and semi'd cards are now also banned.

3. No use of any generic cards unless they directly affects your archetype. (like if your archetype is like 90% fire monsters with 200def you could run [YGOCARD]Rekindling[/YGOCARD]. Or if your deck is all machines you could run [YGOCARD]Machine Duplication[/YGOCARD].

4. certain sets of cards that are not directly archetypes but might as well be are allowed (eg: Cybers or D.D)

5. Games will be match duels but without siding due to some archetypes maybe not really having the sort of support available for side decks.

6. have fun and PM me deck lists, having them approved by me. Then your name will go in the little box below. Hopefully i can get more interest than last time.

7. Although not strictly archetypes i will allow Gemini monster decks also.

I think i'll be looking to start up the tourney by the end of may, It will be swiss so there will be no real hurry to finish games, i'll set many a time limit for a each round of a couple of days or so, but these details are subject to change.

I'll also be looking for a couple of people to assist in moderating this tourney, serving to note down match wins if i'm not around, as i can only get on DN between Midnight and Midday. The Mods can also enter the tourney if they so wish.

Quote :
Tourney Mods.
Noobie2k7

Quote :
Duelists involved.
Noobie2k7
TheMightyCelfon (Riceeman)

Some examples of archetypes people could run include: Gravekeepers, Heiratics, Wind-ups, Inzektors, Infernities, heroes, Aliens, Koa'ki Meiru, Lightsworn, magicals, all all sorts of others too. It's not like there is a shortage of interesting and fun archetypes to play.

Last edited by Noobie2k7 on Wed May 16, 2012 1:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Noobie2k7

PostSubject: Re: Archetype only Tournament (DN)   Archetype only Tournament (DN) EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:42 pm

Deck lists
Quote :
Noobie2k7 (lavals)
Monsters: 24
2 kayenn, the master magma blacksmith
3 laval Burner
3 Laval Cannon
3 Laval Gunner
3 Laval lady of the burning lake
1 laval lancelord
3 Laval Magma Cannoneer
3 laval phlogis
3 laval volcano handmaiden

spells: 8
3 Rekindling
2 searing fire wall
3 swealtering heat transmission field

traps: 8
1 blazing dust explosion
2 Burgeoning Whirlflame
3 Flamvell Counter
2 Molten whirlwind wall.

total: 40 cards.

Extra deck: 15
3 laval dual slasher
2 laval stennon
1 laval the greater
2 lavalval dragon
2 lavalval dragoon
3 lavalval chain
2 lavalval ignis

Quote :
TheMightyCelfon/Riceeman (Infernity)
Monsters (19):
3x Infernity Archfiend
3x Infernity Necromancer
2x Infernity Avenger
3x Infernity Knight
3x Infernity Guardian
1x Infernity Beetle
1x Infernity Destroyer
3x Infernity Mirage

Spells: (6):
3x ZERO-MAX
3x Wave Motion Inferno

Traps (15):
3x Infernity Inferno
3x Infernity Reflector
3x Infernity Force
3x Infernity Break
3x Infernity Barrier

Extra (6):
3x Infernity Doom Dragon
3x Hundred-Eyes Dragon

Last edited by Noobie2k7 on Tue May 15, 2012 3:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
adorablecard

adorablecard

PostSubject: Re: Archetype only Tournament (DN)   Archetype only Tournament (DN) EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:12 am

[yugiohcard] LMAO [/yugiohcard}
Back to top Go down
Noobie2k7

PostSubject: Re: Archetype only Tournament (DN)   Archetype only Tournament (DN) EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:53 am

adorablecard wrote:
[yugiohcard] LMAO [/yugiohcard}
Sorry, Problem?
Back to top Go down
adorablecard

adorablecard

PostSubject: Re: Archetype only Tournament (DN)   Archetype only Tournament (DN) EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:47 am

i dont have a problem with it it's just funny since ive never seen any1 use that before Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Noobie2k7

PostSubject: Re: Archetype only Tournament (DN)   Archetype only Tournament (DN) EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:50 am

oh damn lol. thought i edited them all out. It's cause i copied this off pojo. and thats the coding for linking you to the card text so when you hover over the word it will come up with a pic of the card. Edited them all out of the deck list but not out of the OP >.<

Well, if you're interested in joing up for the tourney lemme know. You'd be surprised how fun deck building is when you can't just rely on filling up with staples and generic cards.
Back to top Go down
adorablecard

adorablecard

PostSubject: Re: Archetype only Tournament (DN)   Archetype only Tournament (DN) EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:59 am

when will the tourny start?
Back to top Go down
Noobie2k7

PostSubject: Re: Archetype only Tournament (DN)   Archetype only Tournament (DN) EmptyTue May 15, 2012 7:07 am

Hopefully by end of the month. If i've gathered enough people by then. Hoping to have as nice a variety of decks in it too. Was great last time i did it. Hoping things to be even better now with all the new powerful archetypes available.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Archetype only Tournament (DN)   Archetype only Tournament (DN) EmptyTue May 15, 2012 8:40 am

since when is wave motion an infernity card???
Back to top Go down
Noobie2k7

PostSubject: Re: Archetype only Tournament (DN)   Archetype only Tournament (DN) EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:12 am

Errm you do know that Wave motion inferno is a card right? Contiunous spell that gives +400 atk to infernity monsters while you have no cards in hand.

Sounds like an infernity card to me.
Back to top Go down
Light,Yagami

Light,Yagami

PostSubject: Re: Archetype only Tournament (DN)   Archetype only Tournament (DN) EmptyTue May 15, 2012 10:26 am

^^Also lets ya ditch ur hand
Back to top Go down
Noobie2k7

PostSubject: Re: Archetype only Tournament (DN)   Archetype only Tournament (DN) EmptyTue May 15, 2012 10:30 am

oh yeah and that. Knew it had a second eff but forgot what it was. Fact is when building these archetype only decks you discover cards they never knew were there that you just ignored cause by nature you just pick the generic ones instead. Like Infernity Force. The guy didn't know what it was as he usually just picked d-prison instead. Turns out it's actually a pretty good card.

But people need to join up for this. Gunna be a lot of fun. Me and Riceeman have already been messing about with several different decks of archetypes viable for this format. So it;s not like there is any shortage of ideas.
Back to top Go down
Mobvious

Mobvious

PostSubject: Re: Archetype only Tournament (DN)   Archetype only Tournament (DN) EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Nice idea.

This is my decklist:

Gladitor Beast Deck

Monsters ( 17 ) :
1x GB Bestiari
2x GB Darius
2x GB Equeste
3x GB Hoplomus
3x GB Laquari
1x GB Murmillo
2x GB Retiari
3x Test Tiger

Spells ( 14 ) :
3x Colosseum Cage of the GB
1x GB's Battle Archfiend Shield
3x GB's Battle Halberd
2x GB's Respite
3x G Prowing Ground
2x G Return

Traps ( 9 ):
2x Disarm
2x Double Tag Team
3x GB War Chariot
2x Parry

Extra:

3x GB Essedarii
3x GB Gyzarus
3x GB Heraklinos

Edit: -1 Andal +1 Hoplomus
Back to top Go down
Noobie2k7

PostSubject: Re: Archetype only Tournament (DN)   Archetype only Tournament (DN) EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:42 pm

I did say PM me deck lists and not to post them in here and also it says in the rules no cards on the Forbidden/limited list. So no bestiari. Glad to see you were interested but would have been nice to know you read the rules too.
Back to top Go down
adorablecard

adorablecard

PostSubject: Re: Archetype only Tournament (DN)   Archetype only Tournament (DN) EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:53 pm

i'm gonna run inzektors i will come up with a decklist when i have accese to DN
Back to top Go down
Noobie2k7

PostSubject: Re: Archetype only Tournament (DN)   Archetype only Tournament (DN) EmptyTue May 15, 2012 8:25 pm

lol ok. Pm me the list when you're done Smile
Back to top Go down
Dominique LeBeau
Chancellor
Chancellor
Dominique LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: Archetype only Tournament (DN)   Archetype only Tournament (DN) EmptyTue May 15, 2012 11:04 pm

i wouldnt really wanna show my deck
also wen u say generic u mean staples?
Back to top Go down
Noobie2k7

PostSubject: Re: Archetype only Tournament (DN)   Archetype only Tournament (DN) EmptyWed May 16, 2012 1:09 am

staples or any generic cards. It's not rocket science.
Back to top Go down
Erebus
Chancellor
Chancellor
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Archetype only Tournament (DN)   Archetype only Tournament (DN) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:07 pm

this seems highly unfair esspecially for the newer meta like Inzektors that haven't had there pretty hornet limited yet... Make it no limited/semi-limited cards UNLESS they DIRECTLY correspon to your archetype atleast?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archetype only Tournament (DN)   Archetype only Tournament (DN) Empty

Back to top Go down

Archetype only Tournament (DN)
Page 1 of 1